[XFree86] Re: ATI Driver Missing in Latest XFree86 Version

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Ramon Martin Lopez wrote:

>I recently installed Red Hat 9 with the latest Xfree86 version
>on a Compaq Presario 2505EA Laptop and found no Driver available
>for Itīs integrated video Card. (ATI RS 200M, RADEON IGP 345M).
>Other previous Xfre86 Versions include drivers for similar and
>older Integrated Video Cards. Could anybody help me to solve
>this problem? Thanks to all of you Pals.

Radeon IGP is unsupported by XFree86 4.3.0.  In order to use
Radeon IGP with XFree86, you need to use newer drivers, as the
support for Radeon IGP was contributed by ATI to XFree86 after
4.3.0 was released.  This support is integrated into Red Hat
Rawhide XFree86 4.3.0 and provides working 2D.

The current version of XFree86 in rawhide is 4.3.0-22.1.  I've
also got the driver module files separated out which can be
dropped in on top of the existing X drivers to give working 2D.

They can be downloaded from:

ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/radeon-igp

Be sure to read the README file.  Also note that these drivers
should work on any Linux distribution or BSD OS running XFree86
4.3.0.  They're not Red Hat specific.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris