Re: [XFree86] Color

Are you talking about xterm? If so have a look at xtermset, which will
probably not be installed. There are some other similiar packages which
also change fonts and colours in a running xterm. The xterm-title mini
howto might also be useful.
Also if you just want some basic font options hold down the control key
and press the right mouse button.

ANSI escapes will work too, but you should be able to find an existing
document with a quick google search. Bare in mind that ANSI isn't portable
and if your planning on distributing your work you might be better off
with ncurses or termios.