[XFree86] Information on X client-server model

This is a multipart question.  Even if you can only answer one part, it
would be much appreciated.  Also, pointing me to an appropriate FAQ that I
missed would also be helpful.  This is for a terminal server project.  I hope
to write a HOWTO based upon this.

1)  Is XAudio used at all any more by modern desktop systems/applications (ie
KDE)?  If not, what is the de facto 'standard' at the moment?

2) On a remote X console/server, is it possible to enable transparency
support?  If so, how?

3) If I am using a font server for all font access, is the xtt module
sufficient or should I load additional/different font modules?

4)  What do the different modules in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules do? (not
subdirectories)  How can I tell if I need them at all?

5) Does the default xfs have some sort of rate limiter that stops a system
from connecting if they do so too quickly.  If so, is it supposed to log into
syslog?

6) What tcp/udp ports do the different features of X require in order to work
properly?

Thanks for the help.

Garrett Kajmowicz
gkajmowi@xxxxxxxxxxx