Re: [XFree86] Never realized this is an open list

I know. I was thinking about that. 80% of this seems to be junk. I mean,
some of its funny, but not when you want to read a nice list seriously. It
wasn't this bad last time. Maybe a new forum/method of posting messages
would be a good idea. Has anyone thought about php bulletin board?
(phpBB). i.e.- make this list into a regular forum on a website. Would
that be do-able, or maybe there's something like that alread and I just
didn't pay attention? Anyway, my vote goes to phpbb. It's free too, lots
of sites use it. http://www.phpbb.com open source, I think.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 leonardjo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:43:18 +0200
> From: leonardjo@xxxxxxxxx
> To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [XFree86] Never realized this is an open list
>
> Hi,
>
>  I never realized this is an open list, since I did subscribe using my
> default mail account. But the fact that this mail arrives to the list
> suggests otherwise.
>
>  Maybe it would be a good decision to actually make the list subscribers
> only. That would cut a lot of the spam and virus alerts we are seeing.
>
> Bye,
> Leonard.
>

> --
> Snel en voordelig ADSL nu voor iedereen bereikbaar.
> Zon Breedband Budget vanaf EUR 14,95 per maand met ZonTel.
> Nu tijdelijk geen aansluitkosten. Bestel snel op zonnet.nl/breedband

-Jay     Reg. Linux user #207147
Spambox: jayjwa@xxxxxxxxxxx   PGP key: http://atr2.ath.cx/sig.txt
Real box: certainlynotjayjwa+remove-you-know-what@xxxxxxxxxxx

ATR2-WBS: Now home to a nessusd daemon
vx: /projects/win-virus-kit-1.tar.bz2
hx: /projects/win-kit-1.tar.bz2   or   /projects/lin-kit-1.tar.bz2