Copyright grant for Adobe Times fonts?

I've been working on a program that includes the Adobe Times font from
the debian package x11/xfonts-75dpi.  That package is assembled from
xfree86 sources.

Several other fonts that come from xfree86 have explict copyright
permissions -- for example the Bitstream Charter fonts, but I have
been unable to find any record of Adobe giving a license for their
'Times' fonts.  I asked debian-legal, but no one could provide me with
solid information about the upstream licensing.

The font files themselves have "all-rights-reserved" copyright notices
for Adobe and Digital:
Copyright (c) 1984, 1987 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 1988, 1991 Digital Equipment Corporation.  All Rights
Reserved.  Times is a trademark of Linotype-Hell AG and/or its
subsidiaries.

The upstream license' section of the COPYRIGHT file for the
xfonts-75dpi package does not appear to contain any pertinent
information, other than mentioning Adobe's name in a long list of
contributors.

Does anyone know where I could find the explicit license from
Adobe/Digital for these fonts to be included in Xfree86?

thanks,
-- Robinson Tryon