Re: Xlib : sequence lost (0x1718e > 0x71a0) in reply to 0x0!

   Each call to XOpenDisplay opens a new communication socket to
the X-server.  Commands sent through this socket need to be serialized.
If you have two threads trying to send data at the same time through
the same socket they will corrupt each other's data.  XInitThreads
enables a lock around the Xlib code that accesses the socket so
that only one thread can send data through the socket at a time.
This generally works fine except that if you pause one thread while
it is in Xlib and has already taken the lock, it will prevent any other
thread from entering Xlib and taking the lock.  Separate display
connections for each thread are the solution to that.

			Mark.