Re: Configuration of Intel 815 for flat panel displays

Hi,
as far as i remember, you should not connect an analog screen. If it's
connected it will used
as the primary one and maybe disable the DVI-Port.
Try to connect the DVI-Monitor only and startup the system.
At least you should see POST screen during boot-up, hopefully, yes.
In worst case, just as some suggestion, install Win98 and supplied
Graphic Driver for the Motherboard with connected analog screen.
Try to find a possibilty to enable DVI, using Display properties, when
you've connected the TFT -hot plugged--,or connected simultanoius,
or..., sorry but it's may be
neccessary to play arround there with various different combinations, to
confirm that the Panel is working at least somehow working under MS OS.
Just in case that it's working, use --regedit-- and find out more
details about your monitor using "regedit" searching for "edid".
These information is lateron, sure helpfull to get it run with XFree.
Due to my job at Sharp Micro Electronics, I've a lot of different
Graphic Hardware available, but sure there's only an I-810 PWB available
to run some test.
Please try first to get the panel running at your side, somehow.
Rgds
Detlef