Re: XFree86 -configure

On Thursday 05 December 2002 05:38 pm, Michael D Beams wrote:
> Okay, I'm game.  I think the last time you wrote you had a PCI nVidia
> card, not an AGP one.  PCI cards can't use AGP functions at all, thus the
> results you have.  If you want AGP supported in your system, but don't
> want a card in the AGP slot, best to use 'modprobe -a agpgart' and
> disable NvAGP entirely.

	What I said was that I had had a PCI S3 Savage 4 in the machine. I have
replaced it with the Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200
If I try to run a GL app, take glx gears for example, WITH agpgart OR the
nvidia agp module, the X session crashes, usually taking networking with it.
	I would bet that a kernel recompile will solve that problem but I am more
interested at this point in figuring out why XFree86 -configure won't work.
Ernie