Re: Some very basic How-to needed

I just solved this problem (with a little help from the mailing list).  The
solution that worked for me is to retrieve the current state of the XFree86
code from their CVS server, run 'make World' and 'make install', then run
xf86config again.  When I did that (with the same hardware you have) all
was well, except that the size of the virtual screen is bigger than the
size of the physical screen, resulting in a lot of vertical and horizontal
panning.  But it beats 640x480.

Good luck.

--
Daryl Lee