Cross-compile X

Hey,
  I'm trying to cross compile X for use in a webpad.  I've got all the tools
and libraries for the target host, but I am unable to come up with the
correct combination of variable changes to get it to use the cross
environment libs and tools.  Whatever I do, it insists on compiling against
the hosts libs.

  I've read over this document:
http://www.xfree86.org/~keithp/xconf2001/cc-imake.pdf
But its kinda old and I'm not sure if it still applies.  Plus, how am
I suppose to define the libraries and includes using this approach?

I'm using 4.2.0 as my base.

Thanks,
-lee