compiling a input driver (xf86Dyna.c)

[Repost: Wrong email address the first time around.]

Hello,

I have found the exact source I want to modify.  I have tried using xmkmf,
imake and make to build my driver but it wont work.  I am about to shed
tears!  Can someone explain how this stuff works :)

Here is the file I wish to compile relative to the source tree:
	/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/dynapro/xf86Dyna.c

I want a new one of these:
 	/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/(dynatouch module)

Also, anyone know of any better touch screen drivers?  I want to be able
to configure the time/movement needed to consider a mouse down a "drag."
I need to remove the ability to drag all together, any ideas (or
binaries). Heh heh.  Thanks a million for your time.

Caylan

Caylan Van Larson
Unix Administrator - Systems Team Member
University of North Dakota (Aerospace College)
caylan@cs.und.edu
701-777-6151 (work)