Re: True type Font support

Around 18 o'clock on Oct 28, Muralidhar Ganga wrote:

> I was able to read a Telugu news paper on Windows NT, using Netscape
> 4.7, enabling
> *"Use document specified fonts, including Dynamic fonts"
> *
> Running Redhat 8.0
> Using Mozilla I was trying to read it http://www.eenadu.net. I
> downloaded their
> eenadu.ttf and installed on my machine and I could only read some of
> their pages
> not completely.

Those web pages aren't using Unicode, but rather some weird custom
encoding.  The font they use shares the same bizarre encoding.  This
appears to make things fail in mysterious ways.  I can get the main page
to display correctly by reloading it, but subsequent pages never appear in
the right font.

I checked the fontconfig debug output and that library seems to be
operating correctly, it looks like the bug is in Mozilla here.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab