From: Scott Hadfield [mailto:shadfiel@cs.sfu.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 1:18 PM
To: Newbie@XFree86.Org
Subject: Using the intel 82845G video card

Hi,
  I'm trying to use the i82845G video card with RedHat 7.3. However,
there was no support for this video card until the most recent version
of XFree86. I was wondering if it was possible to take just the driver
for that card out of cvs and somehow patch the version of XFree86 that
I'm using. The reason I don't want to just install the most recent
version yet is because we've got about 25 computers all running this
video card and I'm worried it will be a long and painful process to do a

re-install for each of these machines.

Thanks,
Scott