Re: No Core Pointer error

_ _ wrote:

> I've see people asking about how to fix this before but i never found a
> answer.  This is the problem that im having:
>
> I just installed FreeBSD 7.1.

FreeBSD 7.1 ????

There is no such animal..
Redhat Linux 7.1 maybe
FreeBSD 4.7 maybe

> I went through all the configurations
> that they showed on there install guide which also sets up mice,
> keyboards, monitors, etc.  Now, I boot up the computer and everything is
> fine.  I have my command prompt and can run everything.  So I type
> 'startx' to get into the KDE GUI that i specified during the install.
> The screen flickers a few times then gives me these errors:
>
>           (EE) Mouse1: cannot open the input device
>
>           (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse1"

you don't show the  mouse part of your XF86Config file
(if it IS BSD you will possibly find it in /etx/X11.)

did you specify a sysmouse?
does the mouse control a pointer in the normal console screens?

if you are running FreeBSD, then the othe rsuggestions people do not apply
if you are not, My suggestions may not apply.