Re: Debian X windows

On 15.Okt 2002 - 13:24:43, Ozdemircili Ozgur CIV 425 ABS/SGST wrote:
> I just installed Debian 3 Woody but I got a problem.I finished the
> installation I can log on but cannot get X windows to work.I used both
> Xf86config and Xf86cfg but it says Screens found but none usable..
> Can you help me pls?

You should at least post the Output while X starts, I assume you try via
xstart as long as it doesn't go. Most often the Problem isn't that what
you stated, but lies some lines before. Also your Hardwarekonfig is of
Interest, for example Graphicschip, Mouse, Monitor (Keyboard not really,
only if plugged invia usb). You could even post the XF86Config-4 from
/etc/X11, this also helps in many cases.

Andreas

--
Kleine Taten, die man ausführt, sind besser als große, die man plant.