Trident problems

Hi,

I have played on my GNU/Debian (testing) with dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86 and the result is that on the same computer, with
same version of OS, X, and KDE, kghostview suddenly begun to
complain, that "extension SHAPE is missing" on my display (it
worked before). However, otherwise everything seems to work with
exceptions described below

I have immersed myself more into XF86Config-4 for the solution,
but I did not find anything concerning shape extension. On the
other hand I found some really disturbing lines like in
/var/log/XFree*.log (see attached files; of course, breaking into
multiple lines was done by hand in MUA):

	(WW) TRIDENT(0): Failed to set up write-combining range \
	(0xf5000000,0x400000)

What does it mean, and what should I do with that (l. 405)?

Other lines which make me worry are (l. 484-6):

	Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType, \
	removing from list!
	Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1, \
	removing from list!
	Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo, \
	removing from list!

I have checked the abovementioned paths and everything seems to
be all right (all world-readable and -executable, everywhere
fresh fonts.* files with at least to my level of understanding
sensible content).

Do these problems have anything in common and what could I do
about them?

	Thanks

		Matej

--
Matej Cepl, matej@ceplovi.cz, PGP ID# D96484AC

The ratio of literacy to illiteracy is a constant, but nowadays
the illiterates can read.
    -- Alberto Moravia