glide in mesa

hello there,

i have spent the last 2 or 3 days tryign to get X to
compile with the glide3 libraries (which i have)
linked into the GL libraries that come with
XFree-4.2.1... i have had no luck. I can build
Mesa-4.0.3 with glide support, how come X doesnt buld.
I have specified in the host.def file that i haev the
glide3 libraries, but an ldd on all the lX libraries
reveals no linking is going on... anyone got any
advice? i put this voodoo3000 card in because i was
keen to get 3d acceleration running where i could
compuile the code. i haev an old nvidia tnt lying
around, i might just put it back in again!

cheers,
Sam
PS: please CC responses to me, i cant susbcribe with
this small inbox/slow connection.