OK... Returnee to Linux - been away for a couple of years....

INstalled Slackware from fron of Linux Format Magazine...

Text interface works fine (well, I can't find any problems with it)... The
mouse works fine in this mode too..

Configged X-windows (oops X11 (?)) with xf86config, graphics work fine...
Mouse doesn't... Hangs around in the top left hand corner and has to be
coaxed out with a piece of Cheese..... And then it just zooms back again....

Using XF86config I have set the Mouse to 2 button, emulating 3, on port
dev/mouse (the default)....

HAYELP!!!!

<cheers>

the system manager.

http://www.fss.co.uk/

FSS International Ltd (Reg No 1615407)
Registered Office: 10 Norwich Street, London EC4A 1BD
Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.