Solaris 8 on IBM T20 Laptop

I've installed Solaris 8 on my laptop but cannot get XFree86 4.1.0 to start.
I keep getting The XServer can not be started on display michaeld1:0

I know several people have gooten this to work. How do I?

Help!!
Thanks!
Mike
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is
for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all
copies.