Re: Configuring X

I would be very surprised if the "dumb" vga with 8 bit depth would not work...
at worst edit the XF86Config. I would also be modest and settle with X 3.3.6 (which Xconfigurator
should have selected anyway) I would also possibly not let Xconfigurator perform the test of the
graphic configuration, I had it die systematically there with the result that the XF86Config was
not complete. Not performing the test and hacking XF86Config did the trick.
Lionel