Sony CPD-E400 monitor problems

I'm having problems with using this monitor in XFree86.  At whatever
resolution I run XFree86 at, the display is skewed such that towards the
top 1/3rd of the screen the display curves to the right pretty steeply.
No amount of fiddling with the geometry on the monitor has been able to
fix the problem, the best I've done is take it from unusable to
annoying.  I don't have similar issues in Windows, or from the Linux
console..  This monitor was also previously attached to an HP Entria
Xterminal, with no such problems.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron