Re: Intel 845G CHipset

Hi,

	I am not techfreak, nor do I have time presently to have a look around
for the latest, but I had heard that the 845 and 850 do not have a
graphics card in them, only one version of the 845 card has onboard
graphics card. So, were you able to run any GUI on that card using any
OS?

Bye.

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 20:47, saurabh das wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I feel I have made a mistake on purchasing an Intel
> 845G mobo, because my X server doesnt run on it , is
> there any distro  giving support to the motherboard ,
> or when would Xfree86.org come out with its official
> release of the Xfree86 supporting the mobo, I would
> like to know at the moment how does one get the X
> windows working, I am a newbie and really do not knwo
> about the CVS thing which I saw gave sp,esupport to
> the Intel 845G chipsets. would any one please advise
> !!!
>
> thanks a lot
>

> Saurabh

Tired of bloated software which gobbles up your system resources?
Bored of hearing your harddrive being thrashed by inefficient code?
Feel like tearing your hair out when you see a blue screen of death?
Then why not come over from the darkside, and become one of the ever
increasing number of people using Linux - it's free, it's open, it's
easier to use than Windows and more reliable as well.

Amish K. Munshi
Registered Linux User: 282018 at http://counter.li.org
ICQ : 85730949
For my public key visit : http://munshi.d2g.com/~amish/pgp_keys.txt