Downgrade XFree86

Hi,

	I would like to know if a downgrade from 4.x to 3.x will improve the performance of my X?
	I have been using Redhat 7.0 to RedHat 7.3, but 7.3 is very sluggish, I found some one in the archives saying that the DMA=1 option needs to be set in the /etc/sysconfig/harddrive, I have done that the performance has imporoved significantly, but the graphics is still slightly slow as compared with the older versions of Linux, I can't watch any movies on 7.3 where are the same movie used to work very fine on older Linux like 7.0, caldera 2.4 and also on Mandrake 8.2.
	All the window managers are slower, that include GNOME, KDE,
WindowMaker, and others as well including failsafe.

INFO:
Redhat 7.3 (Presently)
AMD K6-2 500Mhz,
SIS 530/620 chipset (8MB)
164 MB SDRAM RAM (100Mhz)

	Thanks for the help. I have uploaded the
Bye.