Re: Invoking an app via Putty in Xfree86

Hi!

On 2002.08.29 10:10 Fredrik Wänglund wrote:

> You must have an X-server running in MS-windows if you want to run
> X-apps.
> As you may have seen there is no free X-servers for windows (?), but
> there is an other option, VNC, its functionality is much the same as
> X, but it's free..

There is cygwin. It's a collection of the most usefull tools from
UNIX for the poor toolless Windows-World. Including an full
functioning X Server. I got it running under Win98 but never really
used it. Instead I removed Windows from my system and only use Linux
since then. But I think cygwin works pretty well. There's even a bash
instead of the dos-prompt...

  Crimson