Re: Can't view movies with 4.2 and ATI Rage 128

I am also having a problem with the Trident driver using the XVideo Extension. The entire system crashes when I try the FullScreen mode. The rendering is also horrible. It seems it is painted in green!

I'm using Xine video player with the option -V XShm. Now the only problem are the movie flicks. I noticed it only happens with the XShm video plug-in. With the Xv, the speed is ok and there is no flicks. But with Xv there is two problems: I can't use the full-screen mode (system crash) and the rendering is terrible!

I read some info on the new trident driver. They say the driver is now accelerated. I noticed the old trident driver doesn't support Xv. The problem, I think, is 'only' the driver.

X.