Grabbing Mouse location and keystrokes.

Title: Grabbing Mouse location and keystrokes.

Hello,

I am using a tool for testing my applications called xautomation (http://hoopajoo.net).  This tool allows you to send a set of keyboard and mouse actions to xwindows to test applications or automate stuff.  The big problem with this tool is it takes some time to build the data set to send to the application.  I would like to build an app to record keyboard and mouse strokes and use them to build a script for xautomation.  Does anyone know where I should start looking for this functionality in Xfree86?

Thanks

Joe