Xv problems with ATI Rage128 on ppc

Hello,
	I'm trying to get the XVideo extension working with my ATI Rage128
on my G4 Cube.   The picture comes up, but I get pink and green lines
everywhere.  The GATOS list suggested that the problem might be cause by
my not loading the agpgart and r128 kernel modules before starting X.

Well, I fixed that so the drivers load on boot before X starts.  However,
doing a /sbin/lsmod, it seems that the r128 driver is not being used by X.
Here's the output from my lsmod:

audio                  42128   0
soundcore               4616   2  [audio]
r128                  100920   0  (unused)
agpgart                18488   1

Any ideas why the X server isn't using the module or suggestions on what I
could try to get the two to talk to each other?  Watching movies with
green and pink lines going through the screen is less than appealing.

Thanks,
Albert