Re: network cards

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 01:14, you wrote:
> The cards have different ip addresses.
> Like I mention before only one card(eth0) allows me to get in the internet
> but not the other(eth1) I would like to know what do I need to do in order
> for the second nic to work.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Fernando

Hi,

what do you mean by "it doesn't allow you to get in the internet" ?
If you enter an address from the internet (as opposed to an address inside
your LAN), the packets will be sent to your default gateway. There exists
exactly one route to your default gateway, either eth0 or eth1, not both.

Please describe a bit more exactly what you want to do.

Bye
Alex