Xfbdev starts with random colors

Hi to all,

I've compiled the Kdrive package (4.2 disto) with framebuffer option, here's
my host.def file:

#define BuildServersOnly 	YES
#define KDriveXServer 		YES
#define TinyXServer 		YES
#define XfbdevServer 		YES

I'm running Linux, original RedHat6.0 but have done a lot of upgrades.
Kernel is 2.4.18 with framebuffer working (tested, I've run a XF68_FBDEV
server that I've found already compiled over there with '-query localhost'
option).
I'm also running kdm as my display manager.

The package compiles fine, but every time I start Xfbdev, I get random
colors. I mean, Xfbdev -query localhost, kill it with ctr+alt+backspace,
start it again with Xfbdev -query localhost and get complety different
colors......

What am I doing wrong? The funny thing is that the binary server that I've
found my system works ok, so I'm sure there's something wrong with the
compiling options....

Any hint???

TIA

Carlos