Re: radeon 7200 with plat panel and DVI at 1600x1200

dpuzenat wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to make an ATI all-in-wonder Radeon card working with
> a iiyama flat panel (au4831d), using the DVI port, at a 1600x1200
> resolution.
>
> The modelines of my XF86Config-4 are based on DDC information
> found in the log, using the "radeon" driver, my HorizSync and
> VertRefresh are from the monitor documentation :

For what it is worth, I had the same graphics card and have the same monitor. I
finally gave up and bought an Inno GeForce4 Ti4200 (based on Nvidia chip set). I
have the latter combination running at 1600x1200 on DVI-I, but with a lot of
hassle. I basically have to install a VGA monitor during the boot process, but
remove it before X tries to start. Without the VGA monitor I get no boot
messages, but with the VGA monitor, X comes from the VGA port and not the DVI-I
one!! However, removing the monitor during the boot process seems to stop give
me the boot message and X down the DVI-I port. There is no need for the VGA
monitor to be powered up.

I've received an email from Inno saying I should download a new BIOS for the
card, but have not done that yet.
--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD,
email: drkirkby@ntlworld.com