XFree86 4.2.0 under FreeBSD 4.6

	I installed XFree86 4.2.0 on my system as part of the general
FreeBSD 4.6 distribution.  In accordance with the new way of doing
things, I generated a new XF86Config file using XFree86 -configure.
This ran without complaint and produced a file that correctly identified
my ATI Rage Pro 128 card and my Neovo S17 LCD display.

	When I ran XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new, the server
came right up and did not exit.  However, the display blanked and
produced a blinking message, "Signal out of range."  Repeated presses
of CTL-ALT-+ to cycle to new resolutions resulted in the same
message being generated after each resynch attempt.

	I tried adding the horizontal and vertical frequency ranges
from the old, XFree86 3.x XF86Config file, with the same result.
I even modified the old config file to make it acceptable to the
new server, with the same result.

	It's a little difficult for me to move things to and from
that machine right now, but I thought I'd send out this plea to see
if anyone knows right off what this might be.  I'm at a loss as to
what to attempt next (except restoring XFree86 3.x from backup).

	If anybody wants log files, etc., let me know, and I'll
shift them to someplace from which I can mail them off.

Mike O'Brien