Re: strange problem (occasional flickering) xfree 4.2, ati rage iic

I'm having this same issue, I posted yesterday.  I am
running FreeBSD 4.6, with X version 4.2.  For some Rage
users, i've heard that adding:

 "composite_sync" "off"
to Section "Device"

in the /etc/XF86Config.

Although, it didn't work for me.  I'm still awaiting a
resolution to this problem.
I could fix it in X 3.3.6, but all attempts have been
unsuccessful under X4.2.

Clear Skies,
Rob Clark