Re: Bizarre mouse behavior under 4.2.0

You may want to try adding this to your XF86Config:

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

I had the same problem until I switched it to this.

Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"

Hope this helps,

Michael