Re: Problems running XFree86 v 4.2 on FreeBSD

Hi James

Sorry, i didn't see the part of your original email that said you were
already using the "nv" driver. That's weird, cause i would have thought that
xwindows would work then?

Have you tried to configure the xwindows by going

>XFree86 -configure

( i think you have to go into the directory where xfree 4.2.0 files were
installed /usr/X11R6/, not sure about the location caues i can't check my
freebsd machine cause i can't access it right now)

This should generate a config file which you can copy over to where your
config files are kept, i think /etc/X11/ is where the config files are kept
(some one correct me if i'm wrong).

Good luck

desmond