Refresh rates are too low

Hi all,

Yesterday I installed XFree86 4.2.0 and the configuration file was generated
by Mandrake 8.2.
I have a Sony CDP E400 and a Geforce2MX.
The monitor and the videocard seem to be installed fine, the values for
vertical and horizontal refresh are ok, and the nvidia-drivers work as well.

Noow, I chose to run in 1152x864, but it only gives me 75Hz, in 1024x768
it's 85Hz.
Both are too low, as the monitor should run 100Hz with no problem.
The EDID works fine under Windows, tested that with Sandra and got all the
data, so this shouldn't be the problem. But what else?
I even added a ModeLine for "1152x864-100Hz" with a calculator tool and
added it first into the row in the screen section, but no difference. :o(

And looking around all the net, there are quite a few people with a common
problem, but there are no answers to find anywhere.

bye,

Darko