[Newbie]Help on X Security Extensions.

------=_NextPartTM-000-9f65e281-5856-4522-9573-48e7c3b1cfb7

Hello,

I need some help on understanding "X Security Extensions". From what I
understand, this is a specification ( X11R6...) to enhance X server
security.

This seems to be made up of X server having the -sp option, presence of
xauth, xhost etc commands, authorization through MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1(?)..

Is having X Security properly enabled for a desktop a configuration
issue?

Or, are there specific APIs (libXext ?) that an application can use to
take advantage of this X Security extension?

I am looking at GNOME apps in terms of security and am trying to
understand how the underlying X Security support impacts a GNOME
application and what are the ways to 'enable' it for an app (
configuration, coding ).

Regards,
Hema.

------=_NextPartTM-000-9f65e281-5856-4522-9573-48e7c3b1cfb7

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

------=_NextPartTM-000-9f65e281-5856-4522-9573-48e7c3b1cfb7--