[Newbie]Redhat 7.3 and X doesn't start default

OK 'id:5:initdefault:' tells your system that runlevel 5 is the default.
Do you have the line in inittab that actually starts X in runlevel 5? In my file I have;

x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

(Im running Mandrake, but there should be no big difference...)