[Newbie]Building TinyX / KDrive and touchscreens

Around 15 o'clock on May 13, drowe@juptech.com wrote:

> How does the #define TouchScreen directive work - from what I can see it
> will work with any touchscreen - not specifically the ipaq is that correct.

No.  The kdrive touchscreen driver is specific to the iPAQ touchscreen
device.  If your device touchscreen doesn't provide the same interface, it
won't work.  The iPAQ guys (handhelds.org) are planning on switching over
to a more generic Linux input device-based touch screen driver at some
point, but they haven't done so yet.

You'll need to whack the kdrive touchscreen support to talk to your
touchscreen device, go check out programs/Xserver/hw/kdrive/linux/ts.c,
then whack ts.c to suit and add #define TouchScreen YES to your host.def
file.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab