[Newbie]Building TinyX / KDrive and touchscreens

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that some of you may be able to help me with:

I have spent the better part of two days googling, looking through X config
files,README's,HOWTO's, and man pages  in effort to answer them myself and
have found tantalising snippets, but not enough for me to put it all
together.

First and foremost - can someone point me to a location that has a (fairly)
comprehensive listing/explanation of the numerous #defines that are
available in the
X source configuration files ?

I am trying to build a custom X Server ( XFree86 4.2.0) using Keith P.'s
KDrive configuration. I need to include touchscreen support. I am using
peewee linux (www.peeweelinux.com) - here's what happens.

I can successfully get my X server to build ( Xfbdev ) but when I have X
start my app, ( directly, I am not using a window manager) the app loads
and runs, but when I touch the touchscreen, I get no response.

I know that the XF86Config file is correct, and that the TouchScreen
drivers are working , because I can get the TouchScreen and X integrated on
a full desktop installation of Mandrake 8.1

I have then copied the working XF86Config file, and the Standard X
frameBuffer server that comes with Mandrake 8.1 onto my copy of peeweelinux
and again, X (begins to) load fine - to the point where I can see
Touchscreen modules load - before (as you would expect) it dies complaining
about not being able to find font servers etc.

Here are some things that I think would help, but can't for the life of me
work out how they are included:

When you start an X server (e.g. the standard X fb server from Man 8.1) is
throws a whole heap of info onto the console, eg. what modules it loaded,
what screens it has configured, what input devices it found etc. I can't
get The tiny  X server (kdrive) to display this information - can anyone
assist  ?

For Touchscreen support, do I need to have X Input Extension support ?
For the loadable TouchScreen Module (similar to the elo and microtouch
module) do I need to include some #define directive to say 'hey by the way
you can load modules'.

How does the #define TouchScreen directive work - from what I can see it
will work with any touchscreen - not specifically the ipaq is that correct.
When compiling the KDriveXServer with the #define TouchScreen set to yes -
I get errors about a missing h3600_ts.h file missing ( gettable from the
handhelds.org kernel sources) I assume this just includes general defines
and not ipaq specific data - is that true ?

I can include my host.def if anyone is interested, but it really only
consists of a few lines:

#define LinuxDistribution          LinuxUnknown

#define KDriveXServer         YES
#define TinyXSever       YES
#define XfbdevServer          YES
#define BuildServersOnly YES

Apologies for the ravings of an apparent madman,
Thanks in advance for any assistance
**Please Keith, be listening :) **

Kind Regards,
Delaney
Back yourself in and have a go, who knows what you'll achieve

This email message (and attachments) may contain information
that is confidential to Jupiters Technology. If you are not the
intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return
email immediately and erase all copies of the message and
attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message and attachments that do not relate to the official business
of Jupiters Technology are neither given nor endorsed by it.