[Newbie]This color stuff sucks

Hi all,

 I have knocked all doors to get a hint of what is
happening or how to solve but i didn't get any answer
from anywhere. Please help me atleast giving a hint
what to do.

    I have a crosscompiled xfbdev working on sa1110
 processor . It seems to work fine except for the
 color
 display.The problem is that all the things appear in
 black & white instead of 8bpp color.I am using
 Hitachi LCD(SX21v001-Z4A.)
 2.4.16 kernel.
 xfree86 4.0.2 source

 Interestingly i have a fullscreen bootlogo which
 gets
 displayed properly in color.So i doubt something
 wrong
 with Xfbdev.
 I found that in fbcmap.c it checks for different
 visual class (for eg: TrueColor StaticColor etc.)But
 none of them is satisfied in my case .Please give me
 some advice on this matter

 my host.def is given below

 /*
  * This configuration file contains additional
 configuration needed
  * to cross compile X for the Compaq iPAQ handheld
 computer or similar
  * devices.
  */
 #define TouchScreen YES
 #define KDriveXServer YES
 #define XfbdevServer  YES
 #define TinyXServer YES
 #define CrossCompiling YES
 #define TouchScreen YES
 #define ProjectRoot     /home/spa/X11R6
 #define StdIncDir
 /usr/local/arm-linux/arm-linux/include
 #define PostIncDir

/usr/local/arm-linux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/2.95.2/include