[Newbie]How do you change refresh rate?

> For newer versions with "Plug'n'Pray" monitors it's probably
> automagically set as fast as it will go at the selected resolution.  Or
> did you want to slow it down for some reason?

There indeed *is* a reason for limiting: most CRT monitors get their signal via an analog connection.
The higher the refresh rate is, the higher is the signal frequency/bandwith.
The higher a signal's frequency is, the more it is blocked by the cable due to parasitary capacities and induction.
So with increasing refresh you will lose signal quality. 85Hz is said to be ergonomic, even at 100Hz you'll notice
a loss in sharpness (try!) - I recommend using BNC cables, given your monitor provides such an input.
In fact I recommend using those *anyway* - and if it doesn't cost at least 25 bucks, it's crap.

Dex