[Newbie]Going Insane... Help Please!

I am new to the X platform and am trying real hard to decipher all that I can.  Please bear with me.

I am developing a VB Program in a WinNT environment that needs to access the X-Clipboard and transfer
the text data on it to the Window's Clipboard.  I am looking for a dll, exe, activex, or some other com type file that
I may be able to use to access the X-Clipboard via Visual Basic.  I have to be able to access the X-Clipboard via my
external program and not via the X-Software directly as I am unable to change the coding in the application on the
mainframe.  If you should happen to have sample coding in VB or C that I could review that would be helpful as well.

The X-Application is Hummingbird's Exceed v6.0.2.3.  OS is NT 4.0 SP 6.

As I stated above, I can not make changes to these scripts and
need to locate the way to access the clipboard data as it is already there, just need to transfer it over via a call of some kind.

Open to any and all suggestions.  I know I should tell them to dump MS, but they won't... SO... working within the bounds
how to I do this.

Mike