[Newbie]Matrox Millenium G200 Scrambled Display Help!

Hello!

I have recently installed RH7.1 (2.4.2-2) which came with XFree86 4.0.3 on a PII/400 with a Matrox Millenium G200 video card and an ADI MicroScan 4GP Monitor.

The install senses the card and monitor, but the display in the GUI is filled with horizontal lines of artifact, which gets worse as more windows are used.  The Mouse cursor also has a large square box of this artifact obscuring it.

I have tried many different color depth/resolution combinations, in both Gnome and KDE, with no change in the problem.  I have also attempted to upgrade the driver using a beta supplieed at the Matrox site, with no change noted.

I need to teach a class with 30 of these machines configured to run linux/Xwindows this Saturday, and it looks like I am in deep trouble.  Has anyone run into such corrupted displays?  Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tim

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!