[Newbie]Dualhead Multiuser

J> To: newbie@XFree86.Org
J> Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:45:50 -0500 (CDT)

I recently have seen several such computers running in
my alma mater. They run Linux, each has 3 displays,
3 keyboards, 3 mouses and no hard disk ( booting over
the network ). Very impressional. AFAIK, they had
rewritten X server a little bit.

J> Sometime ago i saw a thread in the xpert list where
J> they talk about using multihead configurations, with
J> multiple keyboards and mouses to have multiple users
J> working in one machine, they end saying that the best
J> was to wait until the kernel 2.5 where out and a few
J> other things like devfs, now theyre out, so i think
J> its time to ask what happened with all this stuff, is
J> it posible to some point to do this now or we have to
J> wait more? how long more?

    Sergey Mukhin                       |
    Chief System Administrator          |    http://sm.msk.ru/
    WestCall LTD, Moscow, Russia        |    SM45-RIPE
*     If you can't learn do it well learn to enjoy doing it badly.     *