[Newbie]framebuffer driver update

"Adam Weston" <adam_weston@hotmail.com> wrote:

> No output when I entered that as root...
> I figured out how to install bison, and tried to make install again. this
> time there was no bison error but I got similar errors for "flex". I
> installed flex and fixed that problem as well, but now this is whats
> happening:

Ah so. Well, things are improving then.

> 	if [ -f /sbin/fbset ]; then rm /sbin/fbset; fi
> 	install fbset /usr/sbin/
> 	install fbset.8 /usr/man/man8
> 	install: cannot create regular file 'usr/man/man8': No such file or
> directoy
>
> My interpretation: fbset was installed, but the man page crapped out.

Correct. Without looking at it, I'd guess Mandrake puts man pages under
/usr/share/man, but the Makefile thinks they live in /usr/man. Failing that,
does /usr/man/man8 exist?

If all fails, you could just copy the manual page into place manually:

# gzip fbset.8

If /usr/man/man8 exists:
# cp fbset.8.gz /usr/man/man8

Or, if /usr/share/man/man8 is the place:
# cp fbset.8.gz /usr/share/man/man8

Kurt