[Newbie]Nothing Happens when configuring Xwindows

This is the test screen for the X windows system.
This means that your X server is working.  You
can do a CTRL-Alt-Backspace to go back
to the console.  You then need to copy the
XConfig.new file from your home drive to
/usr/X11R6/etc/X11/XConfig and then
create the .xinitrx and xsession files
in your home directory depending
on whether you want to start X from XDM or
from from the startx command.
These need to be set executatable with
chmod +x .xinitrc
chmod +x .xsession.

.xinitrc is used by startx and .xsession is used by xdm.
You then add the lines

/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session
to .xinitrc

or add

#!/bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session
to .xsession to launch GNOME.
This should be all you need to get it started.
To start up xdm simply change the line
with xdm from an off to and on and restart
your system.  All this is detailed in the
FreeBSD Handbook here.  I hope this helps.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html