[Newbie]Problems getting KDE to start from KDM

Hi All,

I am running Mandrake 8.1, and have just uninstalled kde2, and installed kde3.
Since this upgrade I have been unable to log into kde.  After hours of
searching and also changing the startgnome script to run kde, it appears that
the problem lies in the config of the Xsession starting scripts. Can anyone
point me towards info on adding new Desktops to the X config, or tell me which
file has the list of decktop managers and starting scripts.

Regards
Brian.