From: "Fredrik Wänglund" <Fredrik.Wanglund@datavis.se>
To: <newbie@XFree86.Org>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:02 PM
Subject: RE: [Newbie]OpenBSD3.0 XWin Problems

> I think there is a lot of postings on this topic..
>
> Try to disable gpm before you start X.
>
> put '/etc/init.d/gpm stop' or 'killall gp' in your startx-script

what I did was to try to configure the Xwin by typing xf86config. I did not
know anything about my monitor. Only thing I know is it is PanaSyncS110 21".
Since I dont know anything I choose something from the menu. The
configration was fine. Now comes the tricky part. I wrote startx and it
started it fits the screen and all that was ok. But my mouse I could not
move it. If I move it, it always goes to top of the screen and all that. I
have an Intelli Mouse and I am sure that I chose that when I was
configureing it.