[Newbie]Fujitsu P2020 Lifebook Display problem

Having just started to try and learn Linux, I have installed in alongside
Windows on a Fujitsu notebook with a 10" widescreen display 1280 by 600.

I cannot work out how/where to put in a monitor entry for Linux to then use
correctly. All I have is 1024 by 768 generic laptop display or worse. I can
see 800 by 600 fine.

Any help...please

Phil

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use,
copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent
or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.