[Newbie]Radeon driver documentation?

Hello,

I'm running XFree86 4.2 on Linux RH 7.2 on a Dell Inspiron 4100 with a
1400x1050 LCD display and an external monitor.  This has the ATI Radeon
Mobility LY (AGP) hardware.

I'm trying to find documentation specific to the radeon driver, because the
document for the "ati" driver in XF 4.2 says that the radeon is not supported
in the ati driver, and to see the documentation provided with it's driver.
I've searched with Google, and I can't find the documentation.

I'm trying to use "crt_screen" to drive just the external monitor, i.e., turn
off the LCD.  For example, I configure XF86Config-4 for 1280x1024, and put
Option "crt_screen" into the Device and/or Screen section, boot the laptop
with the external screen plugged in with the Alt-F8 (BIOS?) switched so that
both the LCD and CRT are on, but when I startx, both the LCD and CRT stay on.
I was expecting the LCD to turn off.

I want to drive the external monitor at a higher res (1600x1200) than the LCD
supports, so I want to turn the LCD off.

Since crt_screen doesn't do this, I assumed that there was another option for
the radeon driver, so I'm looking for the document for the driver to see.

TIA!
--
==Leonard E. Sitongia
  Visualization and Enabling Technologies / Scientific Computing Division